CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Removing INK From CLOTHES
How to remove ink stains from clothes.
- If you get ink on a blouse, shirt or other garment you can use rubbing alcohol to eliminate it.
- Place a pad of paper towels behind the stain.
- Saturate the area well with rubbing alcohol
- Cover with another pad of towels and blot, applying pressure to absorb the ink into ther paper towels.
- Do not just spray or pour the alcohol on without the paper towels. That can spread the ink.
- Blot until you have absorbed all you can.
- Reapply until stain is gone. - Remove and replace the towels as needed
- Rinse and launder
Warnings & Cautions:
Always put a pad of towels behind the stain and a pad on top to keep the ink from spreading Don't be talked into trying hairspray. Hairspray as a lot of oil in it and can spread the ink badly. Do Not use this on silk
I have even used this trick when I was wearing a blouse. Be patient. Don't rush this. When you get home apply laundry stain remover to the area if needed and launder.
Why It Works:
Rubbing alcohol breaks down ink