CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Cleaning FABRIC SHOES – Video
About this Tip:
How to clean and care for fabric shoes
How to clean and care for fabric shoes.
Watch the Video at the bottom of this post.
- Fabric shoes can be a bit of a challenge, but cleaned correctly they will last long time.
- Lightly brush dirt and debris away using a light colored horsehair, or soft nylon brush.
- You can clean the shoes dry by rubbing with a Soot and Dirt Removal Sponge. It is like a big brick eraser that erases dirt from surfaces. Find it in Large Home Centers in the with wall washing supplies.
- Gently wipe with a damp cloth, preferably, lint-free a microfiber one.
- Light dirt spots can be removed using Club Soda, seltzer water, or soda water and a toothbrush. DO NOT RUB TOO HARD.
- Wipe to remove excess water using a microfiber cloth and air dry out of the sun
Warnings & Cautions:
Never over wet fabric shoes. Wring out cloth well. Do not rub too hard.
This works for any fabric shoe including dress shoes