CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Deodorizing the Air – NATURALLY
About this Tip:
Scent Jars: This is a quick easy way to freshen the air in your home or office naturally
Scent Jars: This is a quick easy way to freshen the air in your home naturally
- General Procedure:
- Collect your choice of ingredients in a 2 cup jar with a lid - See suggestions below or create your own
- Cover with 2 cups water, store in the refrigerator and heat to use
- Suggested Fragrances: Place ingredients in your jar and cover with water.
- Oranges, Cinnamon and Cloves: This scent carries throughout the house. It is uplifting.
- Lemon, Vanilla, Rosemary: This one mimics the scented water often simmering in Williams-Sonoma stores. It has a lovely freshness
- Lime, Bay Leaf or Mint & Almond or Vanilla Extract. This is a subtle scent
- Orange, Ginger (fresh or powdered) and Almond Extract. This is a sweet, delicious scent
- Pine or Cedar Twigs, Bay Leaves, and Nutmeg. Great scent for the holidays
- Store in the refrigerator or you can freeze them. You can also put the ingredients together and use immediately.Save fruit you have used for other purposes to use for this.
- Heat the mixture to release the fragrance
- TO USE:
- You can heat on the stove top - Bring to a boil and then turn to a very low simmer. Be sure you don't let it boil dry. It's a good idea to set a timer.
- Uncovered Slow Cooker. Turn to low and leave it uncovered. I use a mini slow cooker that is for dips and sauces.
- Strain off the liquid, mix with the same amount of water in a spray bottle and use as an all-purpose spray
- You can reheat the scent jars several times and when you are done with them put the ingredients down the disposal for a quick clean and to deodorize
These are wonderful if you are expecting guests, house showings when selling a home, and they don't smell like you doused the air with chemical smells to cover something up.