CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Seasoning Cast Iron
What you need:
- Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil or Shortening
- Seasoning is oil baked onto the cast iron that prevents rust and provides a natural, easy-release finish that continues to improve with use.
- It is very iportant to maintain the seasoning of your cast iron and seasoned stseel cookware by applying a very thin layer of oil after each cleaning.
- If the seasoning on your pan is sticky, this is a sign of excess oil building up and not fully converted to seasoning.
- TO REMEDY: Place the cookware in the oven, upside down on the top rack on top of a piece of foil. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Allow to cool and repeat if necessary
- Go to this link to seasoning information. (LINK Removing Rust and Corrosion from cast iron.